Through the Town of Babylon’s Enhanced Down Payment Assistance Program, eligible homebuyers can a matching loan of $15,000 to be used towards the purchase of a home. 



(see Application & Instructions for full eligibility requirements)


Applicants must:

·     Be HUD-defined First-Time Homebuyers*

·     Have a Total Household Income between 80% and 120% of Area Median Income (see table below)

·     Occupy the purchased home as a principle residence

·     Not be in contract to purchase prior to the start of the program

·     Contribute $15,000 towards the down payment

·     Purchase a home within the Town of Babylon for up to $396,150

·     Participate in the Long Island Green Homes Program within six months of purchase

·     Sit for a one-time mortgage counseling session with the Long Island Housing Partnership

On April 1, 2009, the Department of Housing and Urban Development updated its annual income limits. New applicants must fall within these income limits to be eligible. The new limits for the Town of Babylon Next Generation Downpayment Assistance Program are:


2009 Income Guidelines 


Family Size

Minimum Total Household Income
(80% AMI)

Maximum Total Household Income
(120% AMI)


























Note: The Town of Babylon Community Development Agency offers Down Payment Assistance for households earning up to and including 80% Area Median Income. For more information and an application please call the Town of Babylon CDA at 631-587-3752.


Applications, along with a $75 application fee and all required documentation, must be mailed to the Long Island Housing Partnership, 180 Oser Drive, Suite 800, Hauppauge, NY 11788.

* HUD-Defined First-time Homebuyers: An individual who has had no ownership in a principal residence during the 3-year period ending on the date of purchase of the property. This includes a spouse (if either meets the above test, they are considered first-time homebuyers), or, a single parent who has only owned with a former spouse while married, or, an individual who is a displaced homemaker and has only owned with a spouse, or, an individual who has only owned a principal residence not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation in accordance with applicable regulations, or an individual who has only owned a property that was not in compliance with State, local or model building codes and which cannot be brought into compliance for less than the cost of constructing a permanent structure.